Saturday, October 6, 2012

Harvest Spice Pancakes

Boxed cake mix, an egg & applesauce. Delicious!
So my husband gets the credit for these delicious pancakes....(thought I'd just get that out of the way now!). He's a big fan of pancakes, and we've had a few variations over the years: whole-wheat, buttermilk, cranberry~orange (made with craisins and orange zest or extract) and of course chocolate chip, pecan, etc. But one day he asked me if I could use a spice cake mix to make pancakes. I thought, "Why not?" I mean, they turn cake mixes into everything else...if I just used the mix itself as my dry ingredients and add the required wet ingredients.... mix it into a batter. Ta-da! Yummy pancakes. Right!? So off to the store I go...

Ingredients:

1 box Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
1 egg
1 snack cup applesauce, sugar-free (1/4 cup)
1 cup water
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed

I decided to add the flaxseed just for the health benefits. No one ever seems to notice it's even in there, and it's so good for you!

Mix all ingredients until well combined. Add more water if your batter is too thick. Cook. Enjoy.

The pancakes turned out great, so much more flavor than a regular pancake. Doesn't need syrup or butter since it was so tasty, but I think my husband used it anyway! By the way, he loved them!





No comments:

Post a Comment