Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sugaring- A Waxing Technique to Make & Do at Home

Bought these containers through the mail.... very cheap!
Paying to have waxing done can become quite costly (especially if you are blessed with lots of hair!) Even home waxing kits don't come cheap. Here's a recipe to try next time you run out of your waxing supplies at home or just don't want to pay for a salon service:

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup lemon juice (I used Real lemon brand, from my 'fridge.)

STEP 1: Thoroughly combine all ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan, keeping the heat medium/high.

STEP 2: Continue stirring until mixture begins to bubble.

STEP 3: Turn heat down to medium and continue stirring until mixture reaches 250*.

Don't own a cooking thermometer? Just test a drop of the sugar syrup in a glass of cold water...if it's thready or makes a soft ball, it's not ready. If it forms a firm ball, it's done! You can check the consistency with your fingers: after you've dropped some into the glass of water, scoop it out with a spoon. Touch it with your fingers. Don't worry, it will already be cool!

STEP 4: Pour into desired storage containers with lids.

STEP 5: You can wax now or later since the mixture can be used as soon as it has cooled down enough.

*Use with homemade muslin strips, your own wooden sticks and accessories, or use with store-bought accessories..


3 comments:

  1. Where did you get those containers? Can you link me? I'm trying to find some without much success on the cheap part. :)
    Thanks for the article. We just started sugaring and it's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, Arsh, I want to apologize for not responding sooner to your comments! I love hearing from readers and I want to help, if at all possible, whenever there's a question.... so keep 'em coming! I purchased my containers from the following company: http://www.beauty-makeup-supply.com/servlet/StoreFront . They offer so many different items! I absolutely love browsing through & thinking of all the possibilities! Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. Hi, nice Blog. You are doing such a wonderful job. Keep on posting useful stuffs like this and get in touch with me via my websites. home salon service bangalore | salon home service bangalore

    ReplyDelete