Saturday, February 11, 2012

Napkin Rings for Valentines Day

Easy 'Conversation Hearts' napkin ring....
While recently shopping at Cost Plus, my husband and I purchased some red plates and bowls....just two of each, for the two of us. (Ya know,..for romantic meals) I picked out some different cloth napkins to go with them but couldn't find any napkin rings especially for Valentines Day.

I gave it some thought. What could I do that would be quick and easy...and fun? (not to mention cute & inexpensive) Well, the following is what I came up with...

What you'll need:

Plastic shower curtain rings. (I got these @ Target, 12 for under $1.50)
Hearts for decorating the rings. (I found these in the Dollar Spot @ Target)
Glue gun
Red Sharpie marker

STEP 1: The first thing I did was tear out the red ribbon that was attached to each heart.


STEP 2: Next I used the Sharpie marker to write sayings you might find on a conversation heart.



STEP 3: Now I hot-glued a bead to the top of each heart, to cover up the hole left there.



STEP 4: Lastly, I hot-glued the hearts to each shower ring. I divided mine up since there were only a few green and blue hearts. I didn't want to end up with, say, all pink hearts at the end.



1 comment: