Friday, January 27, 2012

Lemon Meringue Pie Cookies

This is one of those fantastic recipes that are so easy, yet turn out surprisingly delicious! I was told the recipe while on jury duty, so I quickly scribbled it down on something I found in my purse. (Can't remember what it was...receipt, deposit slip, napkin...but WHO CARES!? I got the recipe!!)

1 box lemon cake mix
1-8 oz. tub Cool Whip, thawed
1 egg
1 tsp lemon extract (I used vanilla the first time, since I had no lemon extract on hand. They tasted awesome, so I've continued to use vanilla)
Powdered sugar, for rolling dough

STEP 1: Peheat oven to 350*.

STEP 2: Combine all ingredients in bowl. Mix well. Dough will be extremely sticky.

STEP 3: Here's where the powdered sugar comes in handy...pour some into a bowl or dish. Use a spoon or melon ball scooper (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) to scoop up dough and plop into powdered sugar. Place dough ball on a cookie sheet lined with parchment, after rolling it in the powdered sugar. DO NOT FLATTEN.

*TIP: I use a scooper the size of a walnut. I place 12 on my baking sheet, which is pretty large.  The cookies will spread out to be about 2 1/2 to 3" in diameter. It really doesn't matter what size your cookie sheet is as long as the cookies have that extra room on all sides.


STEP 4: Bake exactly 15 minutes. Cookies may seem too gooey...(I'm getting hungry just typing this!)

ENJOY!


The powdered sugar adds a beautiful design.


No comments:

Post a Comment