Saturday, January 28, 2012

Homemade Eye Makeup Remover: Olive Oil

Costco is where I purchase our oil. 
Luxury defined: noun 1. a material object , service, etc., conducive to sumptuous living, usually a delicacy, elegance, or refinement of living rather than a necessity. In other words we don't need it, but we sure like having it!
This is how I feel about eye makeup remover. I love using it...it's made especially for the delicate eye area...it either feels good going on, or smells good. It's also something I had never even heard of until I was married and had 3 of my 4 children! (Ok...I didn't get out much) But it was definitely something I knew I didn't need, (I had removed my eye makeup for years with just soap and water) but I liked using it. You know. A luxury.
Well, recently we've been cutting back on our spending, which has moved eye makeup remover somewhere close to the bottom of the shopping list. Right down there with ziploc bags and cling-free sheets. I simply looked up 'homemade eye makeup remover' on the internet and found all kinds of ideas. After some trial and error and a little bit of research, we found a brand new favorite beauty product...and we found it in the kitchen!
We started out applying the oil using a cotton ball, but quickly discovered a lot of oil was being absorbed into the cotton ball, which is not only wasteful, but also more expensive. I bought a few reusable plastic squeeze bottles with flip-tops, which can be found at the following website: http://www.qosmedix.com/pages/category/8/Packaging.aspx.
We simply apply a few drops to our fingertips and gently smooth the oil over the eye area. We then wash with our regular face wash. Any residual oil I simply consider a bonus eye moisturizer! It's so mild on your skin and I've read numerous sources that name olive oil as an excellent moisturizer, even for eczema sufferers! Try it...you'll be pleasantly surprised...and a little richer!

No comments:

Post a Comment