Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Photo Tile Coasters


Photo tiles with black and white photos
Quick & easy project to give as gifts or keep for your own~

I know this idea has been around for a while, but it's my first time to try it out. My son and his wife gave us our first grand-daughter this past fall. They had also just purchased their first home. I thought it would be ideal to make them a set of tile coasters with pics of their beautiful baby girl.... to protect their new furniture. They were planning to go with black & white for a majority of the living space, with a few different shades of pale greens for a bit of color. I thought the black & white photos would look great!

Supplies:

A set of 4"x 4" white ceramic tiles.

Black & white photos cut to fit on tiles

Mod Podge, Hard Coat

Sponge paintbrush

Felt or cork to protect the bottom

STEP 1: Make sure your tiles are free of dirt or any oils. Using Mod Podge, apply the photos to the tiles, according to manufacturers instructions, being careful to center them on the tiles. Allow to dry overnight.

STEP 2: For my tiles, I was going with the black and white theme so just carried that over by painting a black line around the outside edges of each of the tiles. Once dry, I sprayed 2-3 coats of an acrylic sealer. Allow to dry between coats.

STEP 3: Hot glue a matching square of felt or cork to the bottom of each tile to protect your furniture from any possible scratches the tile might make. I chose a felt bottom.


I used some felt that went with my black and white theme...


...then I just hot-glued the felt to the underside of each tile...

Lastly, I painted the date each photo was taken on its' edge,
just because I know I'll never remember!


For another tile coaster idea using napkins, click here.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time.
    Sink Mixer Taps
    Thank you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete