Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Breakfast Croissants

Quick & easy treat for the whole family.
Around our house, breakfast is a favorite. We love breakfast food..biscuits with sausage gravy, orange-cranberry pancakes, fried potatoes, breakfast burritos, waffles....You get my point, right? We LOVE breakfast food. I didn't even start on breakfast breads... donuts, coffee cake, danish...and so on. Speaking of danish, my daughter Laurel just made some awesome danish a few days ago and posted the recipe on her blog: CaliforniaLaurel.blogspot.com. You can view the recipe and pictures here.

Of course, we have breakfast for dinner as often as possible. We even go out for breakfast late at night. (I know we aren't the only people who do this or Denneys wouldn't have a 24 hour breakfast menu!)

So with all that said, here it is Valentines Day. I had to run to the store early this morning because we had no sugar for our coffee! So I thought of grabbing some type of fresh-baked donut or something for my husband to get this special day started off right. (He's a great fan of all things 'pastry') Then I remembered our croissant trick...buy a roll of crescent rolls and add a few goodies and...Wa-LA! Fresh, hot, delicious pastry...for a fraction of the cost! Here are the details:



STEP 1: Buy crescent rolls. Mine were $1.98 on sale.





On the left, raspberry jam. On the right, Nutella.
          
             STEP 2: Before rolling, add yummy stuff.




These are the only savory croissants I made.  They have
brown-sugar ham & cheddar cheese.
  


These actually got more yummy stuff on top before
 the went into the oven.
  
            STEP 3: Bake according to package directions.


      STEP 4: Once out of the oven, add more yummy stuff.



The lemon drizzle on the left, and the plain drizzle on the right,.. just
to give me something to help the almonds stick.
 


On the ham & cheese I sprinkled a few bits of shredded cheese. On the
'cinnabon' I had smeared butter & cream cheese inside. The I had sprinkled
the inside as well as the outside with cinnamon & sugar.
 
    STEP 5: Eat. (At this point, they can't help it... they're yummy!!)



These actually didn't need this since there were only a few different flavors,
but I like to scribble across my parchment what flavor they are..just in case.
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment