Friday, February 24, 2012

Doll Bed for Barbie-sized Dolls: A Childs Craft

When I was a little girl I felt compelled to give my dolls all the comforts of a real home. So when I first saw this idea I knew I had to make it! I was still young and the idea was in a library book about mice. They talked, and lived just like humans, of course. They made their furniture from discarded things they 'collected' from the humans... and they made this bed in the book.

I thought it was pretty cool & a fabulous idea. My Mom helped me to make the bed & later she surprised me with bedding: a mattress, a quilt and a bedspread with two matching pillows! I loved them & yes!.. I still have them. Maybe I'll dig them out soon and post a few pictures. In the meantime, let's get started!

Items needed:

4 pencils
4 thread spools of the same size
1 empty cereal box

Pencils @ 12 for $1 from the Dollar Store!

STEP 1:
Cut off the top, bottom & sides from a cereal box. Glue the two pieces
together with the plain side out. 

STEP 2:
After the glue has dried, use a hole punch on each of the four corners.



STEP 3:
Choose four spools of the same size. Insert pencils.

STEP 4:
Slide pencil up from the bottom, through the holes.




No comments:

Post a Comment