Friday, February 10, 2012

Homemade Root Beer

Homemade Root Beer tastes great with vanilla bean ice cream!

A nice cool Root Beer float is always a favorite of my husbands....and then I came across this recipe and I thought, "Why not?"....

 I'm not really a big fan of root beer so I didn't feel qualified to do the 'taste-test', but there were plenty of others in the house who tried it out. There are only 3 ingredients and it takes only a few minutes! This would be a great recipe to do with kids, since it's so easy, quick and has pretty reliable results.

3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups hot water
1 liter cold seltzer water
1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp Root Beer concentrate (sold in the spice section along with extracts and other flavorings) 


STEP 1: Dissolve the sugar into the hot water. (I just put my water in my glass measuring cup and placed it in the microwave for 2 minutes.)

STEP 2: Add the Root Beer concentrate and let cool.


STEP 3: Combine the cooled root beer mixture with the cold seltzer water. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment